Please click on the links below for more information.
A Matter of Balance Workshops – October 3 – November 28, Fincastle Community Center
Chronic Disease Self Management Workshops – October 11 – November 15, Lewis Gale Medical Center
Diabetes Self Management Workshops – October 25 – December 6, Fairington Apartments
A Matter of Balance Workshops – November 13 – January 8, Edinburgh Square
Medicare and You – Changes in Medicare – November 14, Thrasher Memorial United Methodist Church
Commonwealth’s 4-year Plan for Aging Services Listening Session – November 14, LOA Office 4932 Frontage Road, NW, Roanoke
This listening session will help staff identify the needs of Virginia’s adults age 60+, disabled adults and their caregivers, as identified by the community. The purpose of the hearings is to receive comments on the following focus topics for the Commonewealth’s Plan:
- Older Americans Act core Programs including Supportive Services, Nutrition, Disease Prevention/Health Promotion and Caregiver, and the Elder Rights Programs.
- Discretionary Programs including Alxheimer’s Disease Supportive Services, Community Based Care Transitions, Chronic Disease Self Management and No Wrong Door.
- Participant Directed/Person Centered Planning for Older Adults and their Caregivers across the spectrum of long-term care services, including home, community and institutional settings.
- Elder Justice activities to prevent, detect, assess, intervene and/or investigate elder abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation involving adult protective services, Long Term Care Ombudsman programs, legal assistance programs, law enforcement, health care professionals and other essential partners across the state.
- Virginia’s Fundig Formula and funding allocation to the Area Agencies on Aging.